Saturday, December 20, 2008

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...

The quote "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." was something I had to think long and hard about the other day.

A small thing happened earlier in the week that bothered me a lot. I mean it made my stomach turn in knots and to say the least, I was a little irritated. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the reason I was bothered was because of the fact that the whole thing bothered me in the first place. Although I could do absolutely nothing about this episode, I still let it consume my thoughts for the better part of a day. I was in a bad mood, got nothing accomplished, had to talk to some of my friends about it, and it ultimately caused me to get angry. WHAT A WASTE, I let it ruin my day!!! The next day I was reading through some quotes and came upon the one I mentioned above. Why waste time with something I cannot change? What a simple principle! I can now look at this whole episode (and I am sure there will be others in the future) in a different manner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment